Writing, Broadcasting, Journalism & PR
Most of my writing in recent years has been about education, and much of my inspiration has come from Scandinavia. I am currently working on a book about democratic and humane approaches to education.
I discovered my love of writing in the European Studies Department at UMIST. It was during this time at university that I became a regular contributor to Student Scene on BBC Radio Manchester.
From those early beginnings I went on to work for magazine programmes on national radio networks. Since then I have written articles about education and walking for several national newspapers and magazines, as well as leaflets and reports for business and the public sector.
- Feet First, published in Cycling Today (first page only)
- In The Heart of the Forest, published in Rambling Today
- Comment, broadcast on Channel 4
- Booklet about the Danish Free Schools
- Til Ungdommen – and the 2011 massacre in Norway, published in The Friend
Some Of My Customers
- BBC Radio 4, BBC Radio Scotland, Channel 4;
- Tameside MBC;
- The Daily Express, The Financial Times, The Independent on Sunday;
- AMMA Report, The Friend, The Sign, Cycling Today, Rambling Today, Initiative, and
- The Education Heretics Press.