I provide a comprehensive website design and management service for small businesses in tourism and other industries.
This includes the purchase of your website address, writing the text, supplying the photographs and uploading the site to the internet.
" The photos are particularly nice . . . how you managed to come up with all the text etc. is amazing."
— Carole Nelson, proprietor of Sleepy Elephant, Main Street, Sedbergh
" . . . I would like to book both rooms for the night of Thursday . . . I would also like to compliment you on your very helpful website."
— Customer's e–mail to Pauline Bainbridge, Ullathorns Farm Bed & Breakfast
"I'm very pleased with my new website and have just had an enquiry this morning."
— Belinda Strachan, owner of Bramble Cottage, Sedbergh
- Pages structured to display well on desktop computers, lap–tops, tablets and smart phones;
- Clearly written and relevant text that will attract both search engines and your customers;
- Pages designed with ease of navigation and the needs of the sight–impaired as priorities (I do not use dark or confusing backgrounds or fonts that are not web‑safe);
- Concise, simple, hand–written coding that helps Google to find your site;
- Careful choice of website name, website address, metatags, page titles and headings, and well written text to help search engines find your pages;
- Conformance to W3C industry standards.
- First page of website, normally £300;
- Second and subsequent pages, normally £60 each; less for pdfs (which can conveniently be used for price lists, menus and other documents that need frequent updating); rather more for complex pages involving picture galleries etc;
- First year's hosting, and purchase of website address (url) for two years, about £60;
- Photographic work, by negotiation and dependent upon the time involved and distance to be travelled;
- Free estimates, 20% deposit required with order, settlement normally one month after invoice on completion of work;
- Site maintenance requested by you, and agreed in advance, charged at £30 per hour;
- The website will be yours to do as you want with upon settlement of my account. I am happy to provide ongoing site management for clients who require it. However I do not tie people into long term contracts that are difficult to get out of.
- If you wish to discuss any of the above, or have any queries, please call me on
- Alternatively, go to my Contact page for e-mail and postal addresses.
- Download a printable leaflet outlining my website design and related services.